Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR or Work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR or Work permit
    Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:48am
I am confused and not sure if I can ever get PR or enter Canada in my life...I had married and Srilankan Canadian Citizen, He had sponsor default towards is parents and we had appeal on humanitarian companionate grounds..This eventually did not work out in spite of hiring top barrister …however I was encouraged to apply independent PR
My question is
1)     Can I apply for independent PR or Work permit
2)     I have Kid , who is been granted Canadian Citizen , however she is not visited Canada since her birth and she is studying residing along with me in India, should Include her in my application?
3)     I work for IBM, can I request for job transfer …I am not sure if I will qualify
4)     Should I appeal to Indian Govt on my situation as I have been married for 7 years and seek Indian Govt intervention

Hope to receive suggestions
Thanks
Thanks
RAMANANS
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:35pm
Probably best to ask this question in the Skilled Worker forum.  You have already determined that you cannot be sponsored as a family class applicant.  Those in the SW/Independent immigration forum will know more about that process, qualification, and getting temporary work permits while applying for permanent status, etc., issues. 

The one thing I can tell you is that your Canadian citizen daughter does not have to be included on either your work permit or your Permanent Residence applications.  She is eligible to come to Canada because of her citizenship, and needs nothing other than her Canadian passport to enter the country.

Edited by RobsLuv - 09 May 2011 at 4:38pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic