Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conservative anti-immigrant ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conservative anti-immigrant ad
    Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:11am
Hi folks,

I've generally tried to keep politics well clear of my efforts to help other immigrants through this forum and others, although as many of you know I spend most of my time doing advocacy work on environmental issues. Today I'm going to make a brief exception to that, as I think this is too important not to share with this community...

This Conservative Party ad is airing only in Quebec, where anti-immigrant sentiments are stronger than elsewhere in Canada. It is one of the most offensive pieces of revolting, toxic propaganda I have ever seen from a mainstream party in a democratic country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcptS3RSvyY

I'm a strong believer in our obligations to care for those fleeing persecution. Canada's refugee protection system certainly isn't perfect, but it is recognised world wide as a shining example of many of the ways to do things right.

I don't care how you plan to vote on May 2nd (if you can even vote at all) but please consider sharing this with your immigrant friends and loved ones so that all Canadians can make up their minds knowing what the man who wants unchecked power really thinks about immigrants.

Matthew
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic