Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how and where to get my Ohip record for RQ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uwbuchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how and where to get my Ohip record for RQ?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 11:36am
how and where can I get my Ohip record?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:58pm
I think others are more familiar with this than I am, but since there has been no response so far I will repeat what I have read at other forums about requests for OHIP records (I vaguely recall that this also might have been discussed in a previous thread here but I could not find it).

From another source:

What you can obtain is your "Personal Claim History (PCH), which is
Quote a summary or listing of all services received under a person's Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) health card number. It is not an individual's personal medical record history, but rather, a payment record of medical claims submitted by health care providers against a specific health number.
A PCH may include details such as: date service was received, fee paid to the health service provider, health number, patient's name, fee schedule code, health care provider's name, date the claim was approved for payment by the ministry, etc.

These records are kept for seven years.

You can make a request for the PCH by submitting a request in writing containing the following information:
Quote health card number
date of birth
time frame of history
mailing and physical address

The request must be dated and signed.

The source I obtained this from provides the following address for submitting the form, but I would suggest confirming this with a local OHIP service office.
Quote Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Personal Health Information Office
Corporate Administration Services
49 Place d'Armes, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 48
Kingston ON K7L 5J3

Hopefully someone who has done this recently will confirm or correct this information.

There is also a link at the ohip page at pub info site for Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care to an E-Mail address which you can use to send an inquiry regarding how to obtain your PCH, and in response you should get updated information about how to do this.

Edited by dpenabill - 15 Apr 2011 at 6:00pm
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by uwbuchanan uwbuchanan wrote:

how and where can I get my Ohip record?

Naturally, for OHIP you would contact OHIP.

anya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:55am
Hi is there any fee/charge for this PCH record?
sansan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:25am
no there is no fees for OHIP record
dynamite88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamite88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 11:30pm
I did a google search and landed on this page.

There is a standard form and a $5 fee associated with such request.  Anyone attempted to use this?

More info:
An FOI request must be sent to the specific organization that holds the information you seek (e.g., OHIP records are held by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care).

So would we be sending a request to this location? But another address was identified above.  Which is correct?

MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND LONG TERM CARE
Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator
6th Floor, 5700 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON
M2M 4K5
Phone: 416-327-7363

Edited by dynamite88 - 24 Jun 2012 at 11:33pm
dynamite88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamite88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 11:53pm
Just learned about direct linking to a post today. :)  Here's a useful link to sample letters
SarahBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 2:32am

Hello,
Can anyone tell us what the equivalent for OHIP in BC is & where could we get it from?

Thanks for anyone who could help,

Sarah

hiyelkar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiyelkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:02am
Hi SarahBC,

I believe this is the form for MSP: https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/exforms/msp/2942fil.pdf
That's what I will be mailing tomorrow anyways...

I also went to the walk-in clinic that I usually go and asked for records. They said they can produce it in a day or two. I will also ask the clinic I used to go in Victoria. These two clinics should cover everything for me, but I will mail the MSP form anyways.

Edited by hiyelkar - 29 Jun 2012 at 3:12am
Applied: Jul 25, 2011 (exactly 1095 days)
ECAS:Received: Aug 3, 2011
ECAS:In Process: Jun 15, 2012
RQ'ed: Jun 20, 2012
RQ submitted: Aug 3, 2012
Test: Feb 28, 2013
Oath: Apr 12, 2013
Office: Vancouver
SarahBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:30am
 Thank you very much hiyelkar . Wish you a speedy process.

Sarah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic