Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is our Case strong??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is our Case strong??
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 9:22pm
here is some backgroung. please give your thought.. we're very worried. all we want is to be together ):

my husband and i have been married for almost a year (when we were both only 18) and ever since i have been adopted into his family and have been supported by them

we met in high school and we have been together for over 2 years (known each other for over 2 and a half years, started from being friends)

i was recently required to leave Canada (im a failed refugee claiment) due to the deemed deportation order (I didnt even know when the departure came in effect .. before i know it they told me i missed the volunteery departure deadline and now im going to need ARC) I have co-operated with CBSA by doing everything as directed and getting my own ticket. i left Canada without any officer accompanying me.

we have submitted an in-land sponsorship but unfortunately, before we even heard anything back, i had to leave so we withdrew it in order to submit an outland one.

my husband is still in college. he has another year to go until graduate but he decides to stop going to college so that he can be with me in Thailand  for as long as it takes (as a visitor) for our application to be processed.

please tell me your thought..

RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 3:07pm
You're asking if your case is strong: but you haven't given any specifics other than the story of your departure from Canada.  The one thing I think the two of you need to get an understanding about before you start the outland PR application is what the requirements are for getting an ARC.  Even if you are approved for permanent status, unless you have the ARC in place, you won't be allowed to come back to Canada and, if your COPR expires before you can get an ARC, you'll lose the PR application and have to start yet again.  I have no idea, personally, what it takes to get the ARC, or how long, but do please look into this and know where you stand with it before you submit the PR application.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
wenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 3:31pm
I called CIC on that matter before I left Canada. she told me the the ARC app and fee will be requested from me once they start working on my PR app.
I am hoping there will not be much problem for us on ARC since I have got a positive opinion from the officer that took care of my case for my departure. she has also contacted with the embassy in my home country regarding my need of ARC.

we are really hoping that the background check wouldnt be too long for us since they only have 2 years to check for me and only 1 year for my husband.
and we are getting a letter from the parent stating how we will be living with them and will be fully supported by them once i get PR. hopefully, that should help with the financial part altho there isnt any requirement that the sponsor have to have income.

the wedding part may be tricky, i realize that. we only have 2 best friends attended as witnesses. we only told the parents after coz we were afraid of their criticism but they took it well and we will be getting letters from them on that matter.

also, I really really hope the fact that he would drop his live there to come here for an unknown period of time would help them see that this isnt a marriage of convenience.. and actually we didnt even know there was such thing as sponsorship when we got married.. we purely did it just coz we loved each other. thats why we didnt tell the fam .. didnt think they need to know..

for proofs of relationship. we have many letters from friends and fam that know about our relationship. tons of pictures might not be the greatest because we normally like to travel by ourselves so mostly the pictures are just pictures of either of us that the other person took but at the same place and with the same outfit as the ones that got both of us in. we also got cards on special occations that i received from his family. phone bills. emails that we have been sending for the past 3 days (since i got here) i will be printing them all out. and there will be his passport with the long term visitor visa to Thailand. student cards to show that we have been going to the same school. tax return stating that we have changed our marital status since we got married. tax letters to the same address. and i will be changing my last name to his in all of my identity docs here.

not too sure if thats good enough. but we are trying our best to build it strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic