Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DUI charge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DUI charge
    Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 1:57pm
Hi guys,
I made the most stupid mistake that anyone can make. I was drinking and driving and hit a parked car. I have been charged. The thing is that I am on work permit in Canada and have applied for PR already. Can anyone tell, IF CONVICTED(no jail but driving restriction and fines):-
1) Can my work permit be extended??
2) How will that affect my PR file??

Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 1:44am
Hi

Originally posted by rav rav wrote:

Hi guys,
I made the most stupid mistake that anyone can make. I was drinking and driving and hit a parked car. I have been charged. The thing is that I am on work permit in Canada and have applied for PR already. Can anyone tell, IF CONVICTED(no jail but driving restriction and fines):-
1) Can my work permit be extended??
2) How will that affect my PR file??

Thanks

You get convicted, you can probably count on being removed from Canada. T
PMM
ProudOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 1:34pm

36 (2) A foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of criminality for

(a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by way of indictment, or of two offences under any Act of Parliament not arising out of a single occurrence;

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic