Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Card renewal - Passport Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mach90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Card renewal - Passport Pages
    Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 5:52pm
Dear All,

I had recently applied for my PR card renewal on an urgent basis. They have sent me a letter from CPC Nova Scotia asking me for the certified copies of 

- all pages of my passport(s)
- personal immigration entry/exit record

Has anybody else had the same request, does this delay the process, will this result in an interview, refusal?

All help would be greatly appreciated

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 7:40pm
Well, in principle, the only reason it would be "refused" would be if you do not meet the requirements (i.e. did not meet residency obligations), or under misrepresentation

If you met the residency obligations, it should not be an issue to get the card renewal.

It seems CIC wants to confirm your residency, and dates,and hence have asked you for these additional documents. Send as soon as possible.

So yes at the moment until you submit the requested documents, your application/card would be delayed....

CBSA maintains entry records only:
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/contact-eng.html

You can call CBSA and request them to perhaps expedite your records so you can submit to CPC Sydney,NS.....
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 7:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic