Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Canadian National want hubby when givn birth!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian National want hubby when givn birth!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara.khans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian National want hubby when givn birth!!!
    Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 3:59am
Hi
I am a canadian national, came from Canada to Pakistan in the year 2007. I got married last year to the love of my life, and now we are expecting a little baby in July! I want to travel to Canada and have my birth there, but I also want my hubby by my side when our baby is born! We havent applied for PR card or anything cuz we really didn't think about moving back! Now what to do??? Can he easily get a Visitors Visa? And if its sponsorship.. how long will that take? PLZ HELP ! I am so distressed and confused! :(
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 11:25am

The chances of you getting your spouse a visitor visa is pretty slim.  I dont know how far along you are in your pregnancy but chances are if you apply for PR it would not be approved in time for him to be in Canada for the birth but it would most likely be approved in time for him to be here shortly after birth perhaps within 2 to 4 months after if there are no problems.

Best to get things started right away. You can, always try the visitor visa route but generally this is simply a waste of money and effort. I'm sure you will find most people here will tell you the same although there have been the odd exception.

Cheers!!!

Edited by rbenoit - 18 Feb 2011 at 11:26am
mahmed17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahmed17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by sara.khans sara.khans wrote:

Hi
I am a canadian national, came from Canada to Pakistan in the year 2007. I got married last year to the love of my life, and now we are expecting a little baby in July! I want to travel to Canada and have my birth there, but I also want my hubby by my side when our baby is born! We havent applied for PR card or anything cuz we really didn't think about moving back! Now what to do??? Can he easily get a Visitors Visa? And if its sponsorship.. how long will that take? PLZ HELP ! I am so distressed and confused! :(

Hey sara.khans,

As mentioned in the above post it is unlikely that they will give your husband a visitor visa especially when they think he might overstay. Although saying this I do know of one person who did get the visitor visa but other than that it is quite hard. As for sponsoring him, i wish I could say Pakistan makes it easy for us but unfortunately that's not the case. You are looking at an approximate wait time of about 16-18 months for simple cases. You can always check out the Islamabad thread on the forum, there are many of us going through what you are. Anyways I pray that all goes well for you, hopefully you can come to a decision.
Sponsoring husband
CHC-ISB Sept 12th 2009
Docs requested April 26th 2010
Re-PCC/imm forms- March 17th 2011
Remedical- April 4th 2011
PPR- June 3rd 2011
Passport with visa- June 29th 2011
sara.khans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara.khans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:03am
Hmm... i know the process is very long... thats why we are opting for Visit... just so we can come back... no plans of overstaying.. lets see. .. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic