Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reapply, even if applicaiton is under process?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reapply, even if applicaiton is under process?
    Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:16pm
Greetings,

I already applied as a Federal Skilled Worker last year, and I sent my application to Nova Scotia, Canada, and they redirected it to Cairo, Egypt. The Canadian Embassy in Egypt sent me an email, stating that withing 6 months, if you haven't heart a reply from us, please contact us.

So I contacted them after 6 months, and they replied to me with a very basic email (they send to everyone): Please refrain from contacting us, as due to the high volume of applications, we are going against ministerial instructions, and your application will take at least 24 months to process.

However, now i am living in Canada, and I qualify to apply for the Canadian Experience Class, which would take from 6 to 12 months to process, and I would probably send it to Buffalo, New York. 

So my question to you, is it possible to reapply for a different application, while I already have an immigration application in process?

Thank You,
immica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:41am
You can withdraw from the active (FSW) application and apply for CEC.
Applied: Mar-09, 1st AOR: Apr-09 , Full App: Aug-09 (ISB), 2nd AOR: Sep-09 (ISB), Updated forms request: Oct-10 (LDN), Interview: Nov-11, Medical: Jun-2012
mrhanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:48am
Would I have to reapply with a new set of documents, including a new police check?
I am asking this question because, now with the situation in Egypt doesn't look possible to have any police check any time soon.
Thank you for your help

immica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:24am
You will have to provide whatever is required for applying and qualifying under CEC category. Pls read the guide for Canada Experience Class (CEC).

The validity of Police clearance certificate is 6 months after issuing date.
Applied: Mar-09, 1st AOR: Apr-09 , Full App: Aug-09 (ISB), 2nd AOR: Sep-09 (ISB), Updated forms request: Oct-10 (LDN), Interview: Nov-11, Medical: Jun-2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic