Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can i cancel my wife permanent resident card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i cancel my wife permanent resident card?
    Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 3:18am
hello guys,

i have some question, i sponsored my ex wife 3 years ago she have her permanet resident card, when she got here she was very cold to me, then i found out she cheated on me i caught there message for each other by computer talking online saying i love you, and talking bout sex and i got a copy on it.after that happen i forgiven her and start our new life here trying to save our marriage, then she left me after 3 years, she's not citizen yet, do i have the right to cancel her PR? as she cheated on me 3 yrs ago and showed to immigration? is there a possible i can deport her?pls reply need your help.thanks.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 4:10am
It's been too long. Forget it and move on, maybe find a new wifey
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 10:38pm

but u think it's possible? coz he was just using me to come here in canada.

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 10:38am
No - it's been too long.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 2:39pm
Quote sponsored my ex wife 3 years ago she have her permanet resident card

Quote coz he was just using me to come here in canada.

He or she?

NO one can "cancel" anyone else's PR status. Ever. For any reason.

(Should note, though, that Kenney has strongly hinted the government may soon move to implement a "probationary" period for partner sponsored PRs . . . but even if that was currently implemented, the probationary period would have been over well before three years had past . . . I think they are looking at a one year, or 18 month time frame.)

Technically it is true that if a sponsored PR misrepresented that the "relationship" was genuine when in fact it was not, that misrepresentation can result in the PR becoming "inadmissible" to Canada, and thus "removed" for that, thus losing PR status. And this can happen at any time, no matter how long after the PR landed.
Practically, however, few but the most egregious and blatantly obvious cases result in these kinds of proceedings, even if they are brought to the attention of CIC or CBSA quite soon after the PR's arrival in Canada. CIC does not have the resources to investigate let alone prosecute these kinds of cases even if there is relatively strong evidence simply handed to them. Exceptions are cases where the PR makes virtually no effort whatsoever to engage in the relationship once in Canada: publicized cases of late, for example, are cases like (1)PR landed without informing sponsoring spouse the PR had even received the visa and indeed avoided communications with the sponsor altogether; (2) landed PR left the relationship within days or weeks of arrival in Canada and made overt admissions about intentions.

In other words, ditto scylla and canvis2006: it has been too long . . . actually WAY TOO long.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:09pm
thank you so much for the information, it helped a lot, so i guess i can't do anything about it?  i was just so mad, i didnt know lot of people doing that here too.she's a girl. sorry for mispell.thank you so much really appreciate....
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:22pm
You can't do anything about it.

All of us here understand why you would be angry. However the best (and really only) thing you can do at this point in your life is move on and forget this ever happened.
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 4:09pm
how bout, if she sponsor all her family? you think it will affect the petition, coz we're separated? u think it  can affect them? thanks for the reply....
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 4:37pm
She can sponsor her family if she wants to. What has happened between the two of you will not affect this application.
aqua08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 6:19pm
i hope she won't use my surname, coz she still hold my surname...and i'm not taking those responsibilities,  can  she revert back her surname right away? thanks for the reply...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic