Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR processing time inside Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR processing time inside Canada
    Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 10:36pm
CIC website provides PR processing times by visa offices outside Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

How much time does it take to process PR when applied inside Canada?  Is there any website that I can check?

Thanks.
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 10:47pm
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

Only CEC applications are assessed inside of Canada. All other applicants under skilled worker category are assessed OUTSIDE of Canada. If you've been in Canada legally for more than a year, you either apply under CEC (if you qualify) or apply under the skilled category (under an occupation list) to Buffalo. All applicants (other than CEC) are reviewed OUTSIDE of Canada.

immion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 5:20pm
Thanks Majid. I recently moved and started working in Canada and yet to start the PR process.

For CEC, website says 2 years of canada experience is needed and it will take 10 months to process
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Can you please let me know how much time it will take for me if I go via Skilled Category? Can I choose the Visa to apply for PR say New Delhi instead of Buffalo?

Thanks.

Edited by immion - 31 Dec 2010 at 5:53pm
joel.paramanandam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joel.paramanandam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 7:26pm
Hi immion,

If you have your job code listed in the NOC you can apply in the skiller worker category. It takes atleast 18 months from the day you get your second file # if you choose to apply in this category. Again this 18 months time is what is happening in Buffalo. If you choose to apply it frm Delhi then i hope it is lesser. 

The other option is to go for the Canadian Experienced category (with 2 yrs of Canadian exp). In this category it takes 10 months to get your PR after you get the file #.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Cheers,
J
immion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 1:09pm
Thanks Joel. Any reference for a law firm who can do a good job for applying my PR from Canada?  How much does it cost for the whole process?

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joel.paramanandam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 4:21pm
Hi immion,

I would rather ask you to stick to cic.gc.ca and follow the steps and guidelines. Incase of you have still any doubts you can call the immigration helpline and take the guidelines from them. You can avoid going to a lawyer until it is absolutely necessary..

Cheers,
J
immion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:05am
Thanks Joel.

How will you choose the Visa office?  Does CIO tell you which visa office you should apply?

Thanks.
immion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 6:00pm
FAQ sections says the following but doesn't say how to specify the Visa office (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/federal_worker_faq_travailleur_federal.aspx?lang=eng)

"CIO simply examines your application to see if you appear eligible to apply in the FSW category. If you do, you will be advised to submit your full application to the Visa Office. Before processing begins, the Visa Office will review your application to ensure you meet the residency requirements to have it processed there."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joel.paramanandam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 2:40pm
Hi..

Its your preference. If you are within Canada you can either submit the docs here or back in your home country. I would rather ask you not to choose Buffalo as it is taking more time than any other place.

Cheers,J
immion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 1:52pm

Thanks Joel.

I am still confused on the process. Once you sent the package and CIO completes review, will CIO tell you about which Visa office you should apply for? or is it the individual who will decide this?

Also as I am inside Canada, how can I go to Buffalo, NY, USA for interview as I don't have any US visa.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic