Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical appointment outside of 45 days

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesterFace09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical appointment outside of 45 days
    Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 1:38pm
Hi everyone,

I am currently studying in Ottawa as an international student. As most of you know, we are given 45 days to take the medical examination after the letter is sent. This is my timeline:

1) 24th November- Letter is sent from Nairobi
2)23rd December- Letter received by me in Ottawa

Here's the catch, the 45 days mean I have till January 7th to take the medical examination. However, since it is holiday period, most MDs are away and out of the only ones who have answered my calls, the earliest appointment I could get was on January 13th Cry

I have called pretty much every MD in the area and it seems like there is no way around it, most of them only get back to their offices on January 4th..

After 4 years, it seems tragic and cruel to me that my file might be closed over something that stupid. What should I do?

This is really stressing me out and ruining my Xmas.. Thanks for your help!

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 4:39pm
Send a fax to Nairobi Visa Office notifying your medical appointment date and mention the reasons (holidays,etc), it should be ok as long as you notify them. There is no need to stress over this little thing.

The main thing is to get the medical done, if you can find an earlier appointment (lets say with a DMP in Toronto) you can also do that, involves traveling and extra costs but it could be faster...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic