Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Home Address on CIC Website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Home Address on CIC Website
    Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 12:21pm
Hi there, has anyone ever been able to successfully change their address online?  I did this over 2 months ago once my application was "received" and it was not updated.  Then I tried a second time a few weeks ago, and again still no update.  I really don't want to bother them with a phone call when I am supopsed to be be able to do this online.  Anyone else have troubles with this web feature?
nanipanjakadi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanipanjakadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 1:25pm

I called CIC to update my address and while talking to her she said updating address on website is not working properly itseems. She suggested me to tell her new address instead that will be much fast.

Dio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
I also called CIC for my address change. It went really fast, and I had the updated address on e-case a few days later. Just simply call them, it is the safest and fastest method.
albela View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:24am
You are supposed to change your address in their system right away, you shouldn't have waited for two months if it was not getting updated through e-cas! Call them right now and then call them again after three days to confirm every single thing including postal code! Please don't take any chances!
MrGrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 8:53am
I did change it in the system right away, in fact the same day my ecas was opened.  Would have done it sooner, but since it takes them over 5 months to open the file there's not much I could do.  The online system also advises that it takes some time to update (2 weeks I think) so I needed to give them some time to make the change.  If the system is broken then why not remove it rather than leaving applicants with false impressions that their information has been updated. Confused
nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 9:23pm
Hey MrGrinch, when you update your address on ecas, your address is updated on the CIC side instantly. When I did mine, ECAS only showed the new address a month later but when I called CIC to verify, they had my new address on file and this is what they told me
MrGrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 3:58pm
Just an update on this in case others are trying to change their address on the website.  I phoned the telephone # instead to try to update that way.  When service rep checked the system it had already been updated.  So I guess the website works, but it just takes lengthy time (6+ weeks) for it to update.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic