Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring Other Family Members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gymnasium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring Other Family Members
    Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 7:56am

I recently sent in the application to sponsor my wife. Her sister and mother expressed an intrest in coming over too. Does anyone one know if I can do that, or do we have to wait until my wife becomes Canadian? Also I find this below. Does that under 18 phrase mean that if her sister is over 18 she can't apply?

Who can be sponsored

You can sponsor:

• parents
  • grandparents
  • brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions (see Note below)
  • accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 1:08pm
her sister can be sponsored under a sponsorship of her mother(as an accompanying dependent chil on her mother's PR application)

But only if she's 22 or younger and has not been married, had children or been in a common law relationship. Or if she's over 22, she must have been a full time student since before she turned 22
GetUsHome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetUsHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:21am
My partner's son will be coming with us and our consultant told us he has to stay in school until we are approved. He will be close to 24 when knock on wood we can come to Canada.
gymnasium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gymnasium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:52am
It sounds like we're out of luck with her sister. She's 30 and isn't in school
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic