Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chinese household book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chinese household book
    Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 3:44am
hi, new member.... got married last year in south china, set for a interview in early next year. my wifes household book has her status as single still..... does it matter? its too late to change it.  we have the red book of marriage and confirmed paper from notiary from govt. for marriage. i dont think it as a problem, but its good to be safe....andy604
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:02pm
I am surprised they did not check the household Hukou to married, it is just a check mark in the book
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 5:37pm
My wife's hukou was never change and is currently single even though she has been in Canada for over 2 years.  In fact her hukou had not been updated for years before we got married.  The address she had in he hukou wasn't even owned by her aunt anymore.  We just submitted it with her still being single.  The marriage office did not even take the hukou book if I remember.  They were more concerned with my passport translation and my non marriage certificate from the Chinese Consulate in Calgary.   We also just submited notarized red marriage book documents with initial application.  This was a few years ago when it seems paperwork requirements were more difficult too.
ropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 1:01am
don't worry about it--it will not matter one iota
the most important thing is that you make sure that you accompany her to the interview and make sure that she can answer questions about your personal life and about your past--and get her practicing english!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic