Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some questions regarding education and language
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions regarding education and language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions regarding education and language
    Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:52pm
Hi everybody,

I've finished my first academic year as a PhD student at the University of New Brunswick (Canada). I have been accepted into PhD program right after I got my bachelor's degree in Iran. Therefore, I don't have a master degree, but I have studied 17 years full time.

1) Do I still get the 25 points of education in the category of skilled worker immigration?

2) I passed the TOEFL exam and it's a year I am studying in Canada. Should I take the IELTS exam to get the 16 points for the language section?

3) If I know a little bit of French but I can't prove it because I have not passed any French exam, can I claim that I know the basics and get one or two points for it?

4) Should the work experience be relevant to my degree or they count any kind of work experience that have been done in any part of the world( Canada or outside) as work experience as long as I can prove it?

5) should I wait one year more to get the 5 points of adaptability or it is better to apply now because the immigration rules might change in the future and it may be risky to procrastinate my application?

Thank you very much,

Arash

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic