Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Additional Family Information form....help please
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional Family Information form....help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional Family Information form....help please
    Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:14pm
Hi guys one last question before I mail tomorrow...Big smile the ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION form, does my husband have to fill it out if he is comming by himself he has no dependants and he is not going to sponsor any memeber of his family afterwards....????please need an answer ASAP....many thanks in advance. I am the sponsor by the way.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:20pm
Hi

Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

Hi guys one last question before I mail tomorrow...Big smile the ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION form, does my husband have to fill it out if he is comming by himself he has no dependants and he is not going to sponsor any memeber of his family afterwards....????please need an answer ASAP....many thanks in advance. I am the sponsor by the way.

Yes he has to complete the IMM 5406.

PMM
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:42pm
Does he have to write the names of his family members? like mother, sister, aunt?
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:47pm
sweetg...yes he has to fill all that in on the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406). It is different than the info on IMM0008. On IMM0008, they say in the guide that for the purposes of that application, mother,father, sister, etc., are not considered family. But IMM5406 is different in nature. It is where he does include all those family members even if he is not ever going to be sponsoring them in any way.

I just wish I had asked that question on here myself before I mailed my forms in! I made the mistake with IMM5406, so that is how I know what is needed on it.
Peachy
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
yeah thanks so much guys........going to mail it first thing tomorrow....the waiting beggings...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic