Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSW APPLICATION DENIED, CONFUSED...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSW APPLICATION DENIED, CONFUSED...
    Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 4:42pm

Hello,

I am an USC and my husband is French.  I applied for FSW at Buffalo, transferred to Detroit, and submitted all required documents, medicals, and RPRF.  My FSW application was denied because my husband was deemed inadmissible because of his criminal background.  Last year, he applied for rehabilitation at the Paris Embassy, and the officer concluded that, based on his criminal background, the rehabilitation was unnecessary!!!

So confused, want to appeal this nonsense decision!!!

Please help!

Thanks

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 5:03pm
Did you include the documentation showing that with your application?
The Paris Embassy and Detroit might read things differently.
IE - Detroit might have read his police checks and equated them differently than Paris

Originally posted by avance avance wrote:

Hello,

I am an USC and my husband is French.  I applied for FSW at Buffalo, transferred to Detroit, and submitted all required documents, medicals, and RPRF.  My FSW application was denied because my husband was deemed inadmissible because of his criminal background.  Last year, he applied for rehabilitation at the Paris Embassy, and the officer concluded that, based on his criminal background, the rehabilitation was unnecessary!!!

Please help!

Thanks

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 5:12pm
You can go live in France with him.
He can get you french residency as he is french.
avance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 5:38pm
That's just the thing...  My lawyer did not include the notes from Paris stating that my hursband's rehab was not required. 

Originally posted by IslandGirl IslandGirl wrote:

IE - Detroit might have read his police checks and equated them differently than Paris

Hello,

Please help!

Thanks

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 8:41pm
Then I'd say your lawyer owes you an explanation - sounds like s/he fooked up
Sorry
I think, note I said think, that you can send in information that might be relevant within 30 days of rejection & ask for it to be reconsidered.
I do not know for sure!
PMM would be a good person to have look at this thread

That's just the thing...  My lawyer did not include the notes from Paris stating that my hursband's rehab was not required. 

Originally posted by IslandGirl IslandGirl wrote:

Hello,

Please help!

Thanks

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
ralph dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 11:58am
Your FSW refusal can only be Judicially Reviewed within 60 days of receiving the refusal letter. If you are outside of that time frame, you are out of luck. Also, if the appropriate documentation and/or submissions regarding your husband's criminal background were not included with the application then the VO could have made an error - the burden of proof is always on the applicant (however, if error was made, you'd have had grounds for a JR). For instance, arguments why deemed rehabilitation applies in this case - assuming it does, i'm not sure why Paris determined Rehab app. was not necessary, but i'm guessing this could be the reason, especially if the required pd. of time has elapsed since completion of sentence - have to be included with the application.

Ralph Dzegniuk, Barrister & Solicitor (B.A., L.L.B.)
Migration Law Chambers
82 Richmond Street East, Suite 305
Toronto, ON. M5C 1P1
Phone: (416) 548 9072
Fax: (416) 548 9092
www.migrate-2-canada.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
STARCHILD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARCHILD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 6:59pm
how do you prove refusal received.  I only received e-mail today, but letter was dated Sept 13, 2010.  TraNscript for MBA wasnot submitted to CHC. 

I have e-mails informing consultant of request and e-mails of request for transcripts from Uni.
Applied CIC July 09
Applied POS Dec 09
waiting
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic