Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applied in 2007..I am an Architect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applied in 2007..I am an Architect
    Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:38pm
Hi,

I am an architect and I have applied in 2007 and still waiting , my local office is Damascus and it will take them 6 years to process my application.

Under the new law, I am eligible for the fast track immigration because my occupation is required for Canada.

Now what I should do? Shall I withdraw my application and apply again? How can I expedite my application?

Can I apply for a visit visa to Canada even I am applying for immigration?

Please help me...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:18am
Hi

Originally posted by dino123 dino123 wrote:

Hi,

I am an architect and I have applied in 2007 and still waiting , my local office is Damascus and it will take them 6 years to process my application.

Under the new law, I am eligible for the fast track immigration because my occupation is required for Canada.

Now what I should do? Shall I withdraw my application and apply again? How can I expedite my application?

Can I apply for a visit visa to Canada even I am applying for immigration?

Please help me...

Well Architects aren't on the list of "29" occupations. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp issued 26/06/10 They weren't on the previous list either. So I wouldn't withdraw my application as it appears without a job offer you won't qualify. You can apply for a visitor visa, whether you get it or not is another matter.
PMM
ashirale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashirale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 4:28am
Mar7aba dino123,
As per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list
you can apply under the current rules. Apply ASAP as there is a 1000 cap per occupation code.

Do not withdraw your previous application. CIC allows applicants to have multiple applications processed at the same time (if each come under different rules). I read this in the OP-6 Operations Manual for overseas processing which is available on the CIC website.

There is nothing that indicates that CIC will expedite the processing of your old application but if you like you can give it a shot by emailing them and bringing it to their attention.

File a new application(get fresh originals of work experience, sit the IELTS/TEF again etc), pay new fees and get your new file number. It's a headache but if you badly want to save about a year or two, it may be worth it.

Let both applications proceed with processing as usual. When one is completed, withdraw the other if you can and obtain a refund of your processing fees.

Good luck!

Edited by ashirale - 26 Oct 2010 at 4:36am
AOR:Sep 2007,Doc+PCC Req:Oct 2009,Meds+RPRF Req:Aug 2010,Updated PCC Req:Mar 2011,PPR: May 2011,Visa: Jun 2011,PR/Landed: Aug 2011,PR Card:Oct 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic