Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Background Check

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Background Check
    Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:57pm
Please I need some help here. I received an e-mail for CIC Accra that my spouse file is "under background check and this could take a while no timeline for now."

Please, how long does a background check gets complete. My spouse as only lived in Nigeria and never worked in Military. Does background check relate to me the sponsor too? I have no Criminal record. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 11:19pm
No, the applicant is the only one who undergoes background check.  CIC enlists the help of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) to contact law enforcement officials in countries where the applicant has lived to make sure they have no ties to anyone who might be a threat to Canadian security.  With no military background and no other country of residence except Nigeria, it shouldn't take terribly long - but it really all depends (they say) on how quickly they hear back from the authorities in the countr(ies) involved.

Edited by RobsLuv - 27 Sep 2010 at 11:20pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
Bobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 11:26pm
Can I contact CSIS? because it has been almost 2 months on this stuff. It is just going crazy
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 11:22am
BOBO

THE BEST OPTION IS DO NOTHING.
just simply wait..I agree with our Robsluv
your case is ok...they are dealing with it..
you dont want the risk of adding complications, diversions and deflections with any more unnecessary inputs from you.
let the imm process take its course...
Good luck
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 1:33pm
BOBO,

I sponsored my husband and we just received date for his landing interview for next month.  CIC had us resubmit the form which required the 10 year history of employment and residence as a result that there was a gap last year, I believe that was in September 2009. Like you, I was tempted to contact CSIS beginning of 2010 but decided against it.  So hang in there and best wishes to a happy outcome.

Bobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
Can somebody hel pls pls pls, I need help. Anybody with experience with background check from Accra? My spouse file is under background check since August 2010. No military and has only lived in Nigeria. Any idea PLS PLS PLS
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 10:09pm
until you hear from them that there is some thing wrong do not assume that some thing is wrong..

in your case no news is good news
mrsJDL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsJDL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 1:05am
hi Bobo,
don't worry too much. in my husband's case it took 10 weeks for the background check. i have the CAIPS notes that's why i know how long it took them before his status changed to decision made. my husband is also living in another country other than his country of origin.

but then again, each case is different, so we do not really have a basis.
just take a deep breath and relax.
Bobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 5:53am
Can I order a CAIPS note?
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 11:43am
I THINK YOU dont need Caips notes

IF your wife has not been anywhere, no criminal involvements, nothing in her record that stands out as sinister, doubtful etc...you will be ok

you are probably panicking for no reason.

your part of sponsorship has been approved already.your file is at the last stages... dont mess it up.. it does not need any more input from you, unless they ask you, or you feel you need to submit anything...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic