Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

immigration of new born for PR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfaisalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: immigration of new born for PR
    Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:11am
I am a PR of canada and currently outiside canada. Before i was thinking that procedure of getting PR for baby born outside canada will be easy. But now, when i read, it seems difficult and at this point of time and i can't travel as it is less then a month for delivery.

What can be the best way to get Visa/PR visa for new born when we are ouside canada.

Faisal
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:20am
Are one of the parents a born Canadian citizen?
sfaisalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfaisalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:24am
NOPS
Faisal
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:27am
hmm...then I don't know. Sorry. I was asking, cause my kids were born in the US, but I'm a born Canadian citizen, so they were given automatic citizenship. Sorry.
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:03am
You said you are a PR. Is the father a Canadian citizen? If not, then you will have to sponsor the baby under family class after it's born. If the father is a Canadian Citizen then that's not necessary.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:50am
if you are passport holder then just apply for citizenship of your new born at neariest CHC
sfaisalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfaisalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:05am
Well...... i have canadian PR(Me and my wife). Moreoever no parents have canadian national
Faisal
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:41am
Well since you're not citizens, then she will have to be sponsored.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
RMJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 1:40pm
As PR's you must be IN Canada to sponsor.  When the baby is born, you can apply for a visitor's visa for the baby and inform the visa office that you will be applying for PR for the baby when you arrive in Canada.  If they approve the TRV, you must travel to Canada and sponsor the child.  If they don't, then one of you (mother or father) must travel to Canada and apply to sponsor the baby.  You also must remain in Canada during the application period until a final decision is made.
etoile42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:00pm
Why don't you just go back to Canada to have your baby? It could save you a lot of hassle. Sure it's recommended that you don't fly while pregnant after 36 weeks, but it's not like anyone checking you in on the flight is going to ask.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic