Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Return after Exclusion Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return after Exclusion Order
    Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:37pm
Hi
How does someone return to Canada after an exclusion order of one year?
what is required? do you need an ARC?
or
can you just return and take up where you left off
with the work and place of residence previous ?
There does not seem to be alot of information on the rules and regulations in regards to someones return and how to go about it!
Thank You to anyone having advise :)
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:21pm
Hi

Originally posted by LuvCanada LuvCanada wrote:

Hi
How does someone return to Canada after an exclusion order of one year?
what is required? do you need an ARC?
or
can you just return and take up where you left off
with the work and place of residence previous ?
There does not seem to be alot of information on the rules and regulations in regards to someones return and how to go about it!
Thank You to anyone having advise :)

1. You need an ARC if you attempt to return within the year.
2. It depends what the exclusion order was for, whether you will be re-admitted or not.
PMM
LuvCanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 10:50pm
Thank You for your response...PMM
No..will wait till the year is over
and then would like to return.
was in canada for 7 years prior and speak good english and had a decent job..the employer will re hire me if I am allowed to return, I also have many friends I can stay with till I get back on my feet again
The exclusion order was for a date error and it was considered misrepresention due to that.
do u need the ARC to return ?
Or can i just return
I have the departure certificate that was issued when I left on my own at my own expense too.
Hope this helps for a more specific answer as too how i can return.
Thank You again for any answers :)
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 1:57am
Hi

Originally posted by LuvCanada LuvCanada wrote:

Thank You for your response...PMM
No..will wait till the year is over
and then would like to return.
was in canada for 7 years prior and speak good english and had a decent job..the employer will re hire me if I am allowed to return, I also have many friends I can stay with till I get back on my feet again
The exclusion order was for a date error and it was considered misrepresention due to that.
do u need the ARC to return ?
Or can i just return
I have the departure certificate that was issued when I left on my own at my own expense too.
Hope this helps for a more specific answer as too how i can return.
Thank You again for any answers :)

As you don't have permanent residence you just can wander back into Canada. You would have to either apply for permanent residence or obtain a Labour Market Opinion from an employer in Canada and then apply for a work permit. If you were previously a permanent resident, the it was lost when you were removed from Canada.
PMM
LuvCanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 11:42pm
Thank You so very much PMM you are the first one to give an outline i can follow...Yes i realised i am no longer permanent resident ..but my employer prior to the exclusion order is happy if i return :) but i will be happier to get back too..
i have read about many others that do not really know what the proceedure options are to return, under similar conditions, but you have clearified it for me
Thank You again Very Much !
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:03pm
If you are out of Canada for the year, you should be fine to come back without an ARC.

If your intent is to work here, you will need to apply for a work permit, and depending on the type of work, you employer will need to get the LMO (labour market opinion) from HRSDC.  The LMO basically states that your employer has tried to find a qualified Canadian Citizen or PR to fill the job, but that they are unable to find someone of your calibre to meet the requirements of the job.

Note: there are some positions that are not subjected to LMO's.

Once your employer gets the LMO & you get the work permit, you can return.  That's *if* CIC doesn't cause you grief for your past 'misrepresentation'.  If they don't, you can come back and work - and later on apply for PR status if you so choose.

I'm not 100% sure how the prior removal order will affect you.  You left when they asked, and you have proof that you left.  My opinion is that this should be fine - but honestly, I have no experience with the gravity of such and order. 

Anyone else on the board have removal order experience that can help?

Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
Victory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:33am
Hello Luvcanada,

did you have any family in Canada?
And what is a date error on your residency whan you applied for citizenship?
Victory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:48pm
How can they play like that with people's lives?
LuvCanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 1:03am
No family in Canada but i have friends that are better than family for me We have all stayed in touch almost daily since i had to leave.
Skype is great for that :)
My life is in Canada...
I was married in Canada that was 6 years ago and all was well till i found out he had another so we went our seperate ways we got divorced and when i went to a lawyer he put a wrong date on my paperwork for seperation date, the lawyer back dated it for the divorce and i did not realise at the time it changed my pr status it was considered misrepresentation...prior to me leaving Canada i found out that lawyer had other shady dealings, he had been reported to the law society ...i had a good job and have many friends... i had a car paid for with insurance and i was buying a small condo which i had to have a friend sell, i also paid my taxes ...it was a heartache to leave...iLuvCanada
LuvCanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 1:16am
Maybe i should write a book on it all one day ...it was all like a bad dream to me after 7 years i thought i had proven myself to be an honest hard working person, contributing to society and paid my own way since i had arrived but i was treated worse than a criminal as at least they can ask for a pardon but i was not able to even do that..so i just paid my way to leave.
I just hope i can come back... my previous boss will apply for me as he has not hired anyone for my position.. he is awaiting my return :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic