Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
    Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 5:16am
I hope im posting this in the right thread,
I need to pay my The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) I currently live in China.
Is there any way I can pay for this by myself over here?
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:40pm

Not sure if this works from China - but most people pay the RPRF online.

You get a receipt once you pay it (with a VISA card).  Print it out (a few copies) and send the receipt in to whatever visa office is asking for it.
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:16am
You need to pay it online through the CIC Website...
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
MisterT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:22am
Yes BritinCanada you are correct!
I have found out .also those who do this or are in the process of doing this expect to wait a while for the consulate to confirm your payment once you submit your reciept.I thought it would be a matter of a couple days but sadly not.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:29am
MisterT: I am sorry to hear that..I had my RPRF requested on 16th August 2010, as I am in Canada already I paid at my bank instead of online..On 26th August 2010 my visa was issued! Did you send a copy of your receipt to both CPC-Mississauga and the Canadian High Commission that is processing your application? 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
MisterT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 9:05am
Wow that was quick.congratulations for you!
We got everything approved and was told to make the payment asap and that as soon as the payment waas made we would get our Visa and that we should pay online and not at a bank as we needed to get the payment done in time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic