Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LMO and expired WP- need to get back to work!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncnicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LMO and expired WP- need to get back to work!
    Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 5:10pm
Hello. I have been living in Canada for three years working on a holiday visa. I applied for Permanent Residence under the CEC May 21, 2010, but have not recieved an AOR or file number yet. My original work permit expired June 28, 2010. I applied for an extension to work at my current job until my PR is processed, but it was denied on the grounds that a holiday visa cannot be extended. I stayed in Canada and applied for an LMO with my job. It was finally approved last week, which my HR director had thought meant I could start back to work immediately. However, I am now being told I will have to restore my status and apply again for a work permit, which will take over 66 days. I need to get back to work ASAP! Can anyone suggest ways to make this happen faster? Is it possible to cross the border and get a WP there with my positive LMO and job contract? Or will it be impossible since I have overstayed my original work permit (although not by 90 days. I still have 30 days left, but not enough for a 66 day wait.) Advice appreciated!!! Thank you.
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:10pm
Call CIC's call center and ask them directly.
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic