Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport Request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport Request
    Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 1:02am
Hi Everyone,

My husband received a letter from CIC asking for his passport to be sent.

It also says to send the receipt for payment to CIC if not already sent, and to send police certificates if not already sent. Is that a standard letter? SHould I be concerned that they lost the certificates I sent with the original application?

It also says that this letter is not a guarantee that the visa will be issued. yikes...

I hope this is good and does anyone know how long New Delhi usually takes after they request and receive the passport?

As always, thank you all for your prompt answers.

-FD
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 11:24am
good for you that sounds really promising
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:48am
Comments? anyone? 
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 5:01am
I dont know the processing times of New Delhi, FD, but you can get a feel for how long it takes after passport request from Trackitt (just filter by New Delhi office):

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

They've also always put the 'no guarantee' caveat on all correspondence with us - right up until the final letter asking for the passport for visa issuance.

I strongly recommend you cross post on the ND thread for better feedback from others going through that office.

Best of luck.
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:43pm
future dentist thats the normal procedure....u asking the question in the wrong thread..there is an entire thread for new delhi applicants.......the letter u have received is standard..u shud receive ur pp back with visa in 4 to 6 weeks
mr-canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr-canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 2:46am
wow fd..... thats fantastic news.... however.... ND asks for ppt as soon as they get ur file from missisauga and they open it....
getting ppt back could take anything from 2 weeks to a couple of months, depending on the time that the process takes on ur file..... but nevertheless, you are one step closer......

I wanted to ask you, how will you be sending ur ppt to india since from what i recollect, you are in UAE. I am asking this coz in India, it is illegal to courier ppt and also had 1 more thing in mind.... once you send your ppt, (if you are in UAE) and the embassy asks you to appear for interview, how will you travel to India w/o ur ppt..... i am asking this just for my knowledge bcoz, its for these reasons that i did not opt for ND as the visa processing office for my case..... and its been a conflict within me all the time whether or not i have done a blunder leading to a longer processing time for my visa....

congrats once again and all the best ......

mrs canada

sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 10:18am
they would not ask you to travel without pp
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:15pm
i agree with mrs canada....but there r loopholes, if u r sure that u will not be called for an interview u can ask someone to send the pp by courier..it is illegal to do so and courier companies will not deliver it if u declare its a pp....u have to lie to them in order to send the pp outside india
mr-canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr-canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:15am
hi tanu,

in the immi process, one can never be sure of anything leave aside being called for interview. you have been thru this process and hence definitely know how unpredictable this entire process is and therefore extremely frustrating for all in it.......

however clear and simple a case may be, one can never know or be sure that this is the path of process for getting the visa ..... isnt it.....

i have been weighing pros and cons and sometimes happy sometime sad with this process ... ever since it started..... and the biggest of all the confusions has always been whether i chose the right visa office. not that i can do anything now... but its just to see whether i made a mistake or not... that i asked htese questions to fd.

anyone else ... any views or ideas... are more than welcome....

all the best to all waiting to hear good news and to move ahead in life !!!!

god bless us all

mrs. canada

futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 3:04am
Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

My husband hasn't been able to send his passport because he's traveling for business. Is there a certain number of days by which ND visa office must receive the passport? I didn't see a deadline in the letter that was sent requesting the passport.

Thank you all once again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic