Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No PR card yet :/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No PR card yet :/
    Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 1:04pm
I landed 58 days ago.

I have yet to receive my PR card. I'm getting really worried because my husband and I are traveling in less than a month and we don't want to have any issues.

Anyone else been waiting this long?

I landed June 21st. Anyone else land around that time and not get a PR card yet?

We're just flying to the US and back, should I be okay at the border?

KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:51pm

My husband landed on June 15, received his PR card  two weeks ago.

audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:02pm
Just got off the phone with CIC, it hasn't even been created yet. :/ The guy sent them a note about it to hopefully have it made and sent in time for our trip
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:06pm
audball, I suspect that since you're a citizen of the United States, it's not the going THERE that you're concerned about.  It's rather the coming BACK, correct?

Was there nothing that was given to you, no paperwork indicating that you had been approved?  Not even an email?  I'm just thinking out loud here: generally one gets a refusal letter all printed out for them, so therefore it is logical sense that they print out acceptance letters, too. 

If you can get your hands on that acceptance letter (if it indeed exists) then that should be proof that you're entitled to re-enter the country of your Permanent Residence. 

If not, then you'll want to have your packet of documents all in your hands.  (What a pain in the behind!)

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you two that you get the card WAY and WELL before you have to go on that trip though.  It's easier.  XD
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 5:10pm
I have my passport and confirmation of permanent residence.

But the call centre has said that i may not even be able to board without my PR card as proof of PR. So I have to get a travel document from the embassy if I'm going by air.

Just an annoying complication as I landed so long ago :/
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 10:49pm
I had to get a travel visa from London when I left after becoming a PR in 2008 after only having landed for a week, well before my PR card was issued. The air carriers in the UK were really on the ball about checking for my PR card when I flew back to Canada two months later and I showed them my travel visa in my passport. There must be some kind of flag on the system to say your passport is linked somehow to you being a PR with the requirement to show them your PR card at the time of booking in.

Not that this solves your problem, afraid audball, just thought I'd put my own experience out there.
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by audball audball wrote:

I have my passport and confirmation of permanent residence.

But the call centre has said that i may not even be able to board without my PR card as proof of PR. So I have to get a travel document from the embassy if I'm going by air.

Just an annoying complication as I landed so long ago :/

What a pain where you don't need one!  It doesn't make sense to me why they would do this.  After all, you've been able to SHOW THEM that you have the COPR, even if it's considered a 'one use only' animal.  Silly folk that they can be.   

This has been such a struggle already.  I'm trying to see when there were other folk stuck in the middle like you are right now, in this forum and others.  Surely there was a 'don't worry' attitude, however you've just been swimming upstream almost the entire time.  The ONLY thing that was good for you was that it was 'quick'.   I'll edit my post when I find more information, audball.  In the meantime, good luck and best wishes.

Very sincerely,

H.

EDIT: I have gone through two forums already, and every time I see a case like this, the respondants all say "You'll get it, you just have to wait." without mentioning what to do if you have to leave the country without.  Then again, tired eyes may simply need an additional look.  :( 

I do regret that I was unable to turn up anything, audball.  You're a trooper, and we like you.  I just wish that I could help more.

Edited by Patience Tuesday - 20 Aug 2010 at 1:01pm
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:10pm
You can apply for a travel document (which I did) to travel back to Canada as a PR without a card if needed. I dont know where in the US they would issue this though - maybe Buffalo or NY?

I had to go from Manchester in the UK on an overnight bus to London to have my travel document issued and needed to provide details to them as to why I had left without my PR Card. They check residency status is okay, then issue the document same day, but it did involve waiting around for a couple hours in CIC London.

Check out this page about the Travel Document:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000504
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 5:22pm
I hope you get your PR Card soon, My fingers will be cross for you.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 12:24am
Oh wow I hope you receive your PR card soon you are way beyond the 37 days on CIC's website 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic