Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refusal Appeals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refusal Appeals
    Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 10:39am
Hey guys I was wondering I just faxed my appeal in a couple of days ago and I want to submit the evidence right away?  Can I do that?  What do you guys think?
trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 12:27pm
i got another question, i forgot to ask.  on an interview yeah saddly my wife got rejected.  she was told to bring more evidence to the interview.  is this possible?  i thought once you are interview then that is it, are they allow to request you to bring more evidence???
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 1:26pm

I am dreadfully sorry to hear that your wife was denied at this time.  You are absolutely invited to submit more evidence at the interview, especially since they solicited it.  It seems that they wanted to give your application the benefit of the doubt. 

Now that you're in appeal, I'm afraid I don't know many answers, but understand that we're hoping that your appeal is found.

Very sincerely,

H.
m1005 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by trainman trainman wrote:

i got another question, i forgot to ask.  on an interview yeah saddly my wife got rejected.  she was told to bring more evidence to the interview.  is this possible?  i thought once you are interview then that is it, are they allow to request you to bring more evidence???

Well, this does not look like a refusal. If she was told to bring more evidence, then the case should still be pending. Did you see the letter from the embassy yourself? Are you sure it was a complete refusal and what was the reason for refusal stated there?

Another possibility could be that she did not understand that they were expecting more evidence from her after the interview, and since they did not receive more evidence, they turned the application down after waiting for a while. Just my guessing, based on some experience with Canadian embassy in Moscow. They are not CIC, there are ways to interfere with the process there. And sometime they are not clear enough in regard to what to do next. It is difficult to get through over the phone, but it was previously possible to come there in person and to submit additional documentation, explanatory letter, additional request etc. It is not hundreds of people waiting in the line, and the number of applicants dropped significantly there in PR category.

I even think you would have been able to get through to them in person when you were in Moscow. Did you try? If you are a Canadian citizen you could just come there and request to schedule an interview with both of you within the period while you were still in Russia. I think they could do that.

I also had experience communicating with them by email while visa case was in process. This sometime allows to understand better what options could be available in case of complications.

Perhaps there may be a possibility just to re-apply with the visa application in Moscow (I am not 100% familiar with the sponsorship process, but I understand the Mississauga phase is kind of independent from the embassy phase, so no need to repeat the Mississauga phase). Then you could come to the interview there together with her.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic