Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicole0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Visa
    Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 5:05pm
Help!

This situation of mine must have been addressed a hundred times already in this forum but I still really have so many questions left unanswered. Please be kind enough to help me and direct me to links where I may find the answer. Thank you.  Smile

So here's my story:

I am a permanent resident living here in Canada for a year. And at 25, I'm still living with my parents together with my one year old daughter. My plan is to haul my boyfriend over here so someone could watch my daughter while I work and also marry him here. Problem is I don't have the sufficient income yet to show I can support my boyfriend.

My queries are:
1. How much income do I really need to support him?
2. My daughter is a Canadian citizen, does it make it easier for her father, my boyfriend, to apply as a permanent resident or be approved a temporary visa?
3. Also the fact that I'm going to marry him in Canadian soil, does it make it easier for him to apply as PR?
4. How long does it take for him to be approved/disapproved for a temporary visa?
5. How much does he need to carry when he enters the country?
6. For the proofs that we're really a couple, how do we exactly do that? Can we open up a joint bank account now in the country of our origin?

I still have more but can't seem to recall them at the moment. But please do advice me on what I'm supposed to do. What better course should I take? All I'm thinking about is to have the 3 of us together and have my darling daughter experience the love of a father.

Thank you all for your inputs. :)
Really needs Pampers Gift To Grow Codes.. PM me if you have any please.. ^_^
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 5:56pm
All the answers to your questions are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic