Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prince Edward Island opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponkatart43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prince Edward Island opinions
    Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 12:30pm
Hello

Removing all concerns, the place I'd most likely wish to immigrate would be PEI! A beautiful old world eurpean island with lots of trees flowers, greenery, and it feels like your in Irealand.  I hear it''s breathtaking. the land of Ann and the Green Gables.

But I have researched some disparaging things about PEI and I wanted Canadian (esp. PEI's) opinions on this.

1. Cancer rates have skyrocketed on PEI, and even the most rarest types have become too common. they think its the potato farms and pesticides on those farms that is causing it. is anything being done to correct this?

2. health care access was so bad that at one point it took 18 months just to get an x-ray and the PEI gov. had to totally revamp it's health care administration system.  Is the quality of health care and timely access now very good?

It's interesting that such a small island with only around 30,000 people on it got to be it's own province. I'll have to read more about that. Thank you
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:27pm
This is the citizenship forum, not one of the forums for discussing immigration.

Your repeated, unsubstantiated, and totally lacking in context slurs aimed at healthcare in various provinces is disparaging spam.

I highly doubt you were ever in PEI, let alone waiting for 18 months for an x-ray there. Honesty matters.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic