Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Different names on PR Card and passport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUMDESI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different names on PR Card and passport
    Posted: 16 May 2010 at 6:59pm
hey all,
i am goin to apply for citizenship soon. i have a pretty long name, may be thats y it didnt fit on the PR Card so they have shortened it and didnt put my middle name on the PR Card. On the application for citizenship, 4B asks "Name to appear on Citizenship Certificate (supporting document required)". So I want my full name on it. So just the passport will be sufficient supporting document?
thanks
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 7:41pm
The passport should help - but I think CIC would prefer documents issued within Canada.

Do you have a driver's license and/or a provincial health card that contain your full name? I suspect you don't them because of your question, but I need to ask anyway. I had the same "problem" and I submitted copies of my passport, driver's license, and health card. Passport and one of the other two would be sufficient.

vbpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:00pm
don't worry about it.. they have your full detail in their database.. they do make the middle name short to arrange it on PR Card... but on your citizenship certificate you will get your full name.. just fill up the form with your full name..

Originally posted by HUMDESI HUMDESI wrote:

hey all,
i am goin to apply for citizenship soon. i have a pretty long name, may be thats y it didnt fit on the PR Card so they have shortened it and didnt put my middle name on the PR Card. On the application for citizenship, 4B asks "Name to appear on Citizenship Certificate (supporting document required)". So I want my full name on it. So just the passport will be sufficient supporting document?
thanks
HUMDESI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUMDESI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:42am
Yeah my drivers license has my full name on it bcos it was made b4 I got pr. even COPR has my full name. I was always sure that I won't hae any problem but I don't want it to have extra delay just because if this.
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:00am
That's even better having your full name in your COPR. CIC will understand your request to use your full name in your citizenship certificate. You also don't want your certificate to show your truncated name because you will carry that for the rest of your life.

You have the same case as mine, my name was long and even my COPR showed that shorter version of my name. I asked CIC to use my full name and my application was still a routine one (no delays).

Originally posted by HUMDESI HUMDESI wrote:

Yeah my drivers license has my full name on it bcos it was made b4 I got pr. even COPR has my full name. I was always sure that I won't hae any problem but I don't want it to have extra delay just because if this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic