Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police Certificates...validity question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpausuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Certificates...validity question
    Posted: 13 May 2010 at 4:03pm
Hi,

I needed to get police clearance from US (FBI), UK & India. I applied for the US one first but have already gotten India & UK and just today FBI rejected my fingerprints as they are not good (and they were done by Calgary Police dept...WHATEVER!!)... so now I have to redo the fingerprints & wait another 10-12 weeks for FBI to do their job, but does this mean that my UK & India police reports will become invalid during this waiting time??

Am I better off submitting spousal application without the FBI report & by the time the FBI report comes probably 1st stage will be done and I can just send the FBI report than and atleast won't have to do UK & India again!!!

I am planning on doing Outland from Buffalo (but it might end up going to NDelhi based on CIC's decision!)

What shall I do!! I am so mad right now!

Thanks
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:34pm
Hard call.

Since you will be enclosing some police certificates, the application should pass the checklist phases, so the risk of it simply being sent back without being processed seems remote. But this is largely speculation on my part.

I usually and emphatically suggest only sending in a thoroughly completed application, with all required documentation. Personally I'd be tempted to make an exception here. That's largely a guess, all opinion.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:13pm
As the police checks need to be no more than 3 months old it is hard to say, what it doesnt say is that all police checks must be no more than 3 months. Whether that date is taken from the 1st or last certificate is anyones guess, though personally I would be inclined to make sure they are ALL in date.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:21pm
It's going to have to be your call, obviously.

Personally, I'd wait and send everything all at once. That's mainly because I like being organized and thorough when I submit things. But also because it would drive me insane to have my application sitting there and waiting for approval, but needing the FBI check. Plus, I would want to avoid any further delays while waiting for the IO to receive the FBI check

Plus, if they give you a time frame within which you must submit the check and you don't get it back in time, you risk having them reject your application for not submitting it and having to start over, again
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 9:30pm
Good day y'all,

Anyone know if the 3 month rule for police certificates/checks applies to when CPC Mississauga receives the application package, or to when the foreign office receives it?  (i.e. if the foreign office receives the package after the 3 month period is over, does it still count if Mississauga had it within the 3 months?)

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 9:34pm
Hi

Originally posted by SteelAce SteelAce wrote:

Good day y'all,

Anyone know if the 3 month rule for police certificates/checks applies to when CPC Mississauga receives the application package, or to when the foreign office receives it?  (i.e. if the foreign office receives the package after the 3 month period is over, does it still count if Mississauga had it within the 3 months?)

CPC Mississauga.
PMM
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:08am
Three months is not necessarily a strict time limit. Mine was nearly five months old when I submitted it. No problem. I do not recommend trying this, but . . . I suspected, though am not sure, that since I was in Canada the whole time, that whole five months, that may have been why it was acceptable. Not sure.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dpausuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpausuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:33am
Thanks all.. that was what I was also wondering that if I just stay in Canada and not go to UK or back to India until I submit my application, hopefully it be ok and who knows how long FBI is going to take! (what if they reject my 2nd fingerprints also!.. being cynical, but when it comes to me...things always have to go wrong!!!)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic