Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian citizen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian citizen
    Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:48pm
Hi everybody,

I wants to know that after becoming a Canadian citizen how long one can stay out side of canada, is there any requirements to be foolfilled to stay out side Canada for long time.

Thank you in advance.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:57pm
No limit.
You could spend all your life abroad if you want.

Canadians can enter and leave the country FREELY (called mobility rights)
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:29pm
It also depends on the country you are visiting. The only limitation are the types of visas (and their duration) they can issue to a Canadian. As a dual citizen of a Canadian's motherland, indefinitely.
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:43pm
Hi beaver/ canvis ;

My daughter, 15 yrs old, holding pr card overstayed out of canada for reasons beyond her control , however she returned on June 20 , 2008 to reestablish pr in canada and has been here since then . Her pr card expired last september . I applied for her PR card renewal last august , and subsequently her application was transferred to  cic calgary last december , and we are yet to hear from them , e cas shows  in process and says calgary office may contact us . She is without PR card now

Her citizenship application is being processed together with mine as a family application, and our citizenship file was transferred to calgary on April 30 .

What can i do in order to make sure she gets her PR card ?  Should i try to contact CIC calgary or should i sit back and wait till she accumulates 2 yrs of residence  ( 20 june 2010) .
Would highly appreciate your valuable advice on this

thanks
shaz
shaz
App Rec'd July 17/09; Started Processing Mar 18/10; Transferred to Calgary Apr 30/10;Test-waiting; Oath- waiting;
AVJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:43am
Thanks Vanvis for your reply.
AVJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:44am
Thanks Kanvis2006 and Beaver for your reply

If you know any link regarding this topic please forward me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic