Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Net Personal Income Calculation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Net Personal Income Calculation
    Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:23am
Hi all,

Just got a questions about the net personal income for preceeding 12-month period question:
I just added up all my monthly income after taxes for the 12 months prior and added it all up. Is that what you all did?

I'm wondering whether they mean net after expenses or just net after taxes.

Perhaps, EnglishMuffin can throw some light on this? :)

I am neck deep into the paperwork. Should be ready to send in a week's time!

BTW, I decided to get my paperwork reviewed by a consultant instead of get the whole thing completed by him.

Ciao,
FD
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:47am
Net is income after taxes. And yes - I just added up the last 12 months.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:49am

Basically what you actually get paid into your bank account.

EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:27pm
Hi FD, good news on your application, I think that's a very sensible choice of action you've gone with.

I just did as Scylla did and you suggest, net income after tax for 12 months, although being a new immigrant to Canada I also sent a copy of a payslip from my new employer in Canada even though it wasn't requested (even though couples are not means tested for income if there's no kids involved, as you know, I just wanted to show adaptability to Canada). Anyway, it was approved in Missisauga within a month.

Good luck with everything...hopefully it goes quickly with New Delhi.

(Sidenote, I'm working late all this week at our major fundraising event...I get to watch other people having a good time, basically. Its fun, but kind of lousy not being able to have a drink while surrounded by the very best wines from around the world!)

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:15pm
English Muffin -

I am providing extra information in my supporting documentation package as well (in addition to my Option C). I included a recent pay slip, copies of my T4s from the last four years and my end of the year pay slips for the last two years. I figured that a little extra information won't harm...
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic