Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsor an overstayed fiance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newcomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsor an overstayed fiance?
    Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 2:37am
Hello everyone,
I have just become a PR recently. I have been living with my girlfriend around 1 year and now we are planning to get married. Problem is that my girlfriend has been overstayed in Canada for about 4 years. I don't really know how likely my sponsorship application would be refused or be accepted. I figured out there are 2 ways for us to work out on my sponsorship application.
1 - We both go back to our home country and get married there. I then go back to Canada alone and submit my sponsorship application while my girlfriend stays back home. This way I think would give us more credit and proof of our relationship for our sponsorship application.
2 - We can just go to City Hall and appoint a wedding there. I then submit my sponsorship application for an overstayed fiancé.
We really need advice on these options. Please everyone help us out. Thank you so much!!!
Axel danim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel danim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:43pm
Hello newcomer,
I think your 2nd way who find you i mean you both go back to your home country and get married there then you go back to canada alone and sbmit your sponsorship application while your girlfriend stays back home. This way i think safe and legal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic