Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How long after sending missing docs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamz555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long after sending missing docs
    Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:00pm

We sent missing documents about a month ago and still nothing. When you have something missing in your application do they send it back to the beginning of the pile to start all over again? I think they should just get the documents and continue on!

has anyone else sent missing docs and had to wait long? How long is it usually?
I love this waiting game for EVERYTHING Thumbs Down
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by tamz555 tamz555 wrote:

I think they should just get the documents and continue on!

In fairness, the application should be checked so many times that NOTHING is forgotton.

That said, no it wont go to the back of a pile to be re-done, it will keep its place subject to other applications which have begun process since, and your documents will will then be added to your file from where it will continue.

"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
tamz555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamz555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:24pm

I hope I hear something soon. I always get worried they didnt get them or something but we faxed them and emailed them and received a confirmation email saying it was sent...so they got it. Its too bad they dont confirm these things, it would put a lot of people at ease.

I just keep seeing other peoples statuses that applied after me and already are way ahead. Not fair.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:34pm
Not fair perhaps, but CIC were not the ones who forgot the additional paperwork. That said, there could be other issues which would delay your case and not someone elses, in the same instance I will bet you will be processed faster than some others.

Never become vain or bitter, they are roads to nowhere.
tamz555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamz555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:40pm
Yeah. It was requested additional information, and one missing doc that we didnt realise we even needed. Apparently its compulsory to serve in the military in Mexico. Anyways, no its not their fault. I just hope we hear something soon. My friend didnt hear from them for two months and then when they did it was to go pick up his visa, so I guess I never know whats around the corner. Ill continue to be patient cause its the only thing I can do really :)

And im not becoming vain or bitter, just wish this would hurry up! I wanna be with my lover boy hehe
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 10:58pm
If your faxing and emailing the information that may cause a delay as well.
tamz555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamz555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:39am
Why??
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 1:22pm
why wud faxing or emailing cause a delay?
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 2:07pm
Certainly faster than Canada Post
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 12:58pm
lol, it says somewhere, cant remember where tho, not to send the same info by different means - in this case faxing and emailing. Apparently it confuses them too much, which may cause a delay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic