Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FORM IMM5406

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorie09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORM IMM5406
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 9:42am

I was wondering if someone here can help me clarify:

The ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION, form IMM5406, my husband is the principal applicant, he is required to fill in would fill in section A.
He would write his name as the Applicant. Does he then write my name (the spouse / sponsor) under "spouse or common law partner"?
The NOTE below section A is sort of confusing as it states "If no spouse or common-law parter is listed in Section A, read and sign below", as well as "I certify that I do not have a spouse or a common-law partner, ex-spouse, or former common-law partner".

If he writes my name under "Spouse or common-law partner", then he does not sign??

Thanks in advance.
ArityMonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArityMonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:34am
Yes, I believe that is correct. It's what I did (I'm the applicant, US, my husband is my Canadian sponsor). I did not sign that section, since I have a spouse. I believe that section is for people who are being sponsored by someone other than their spouse (if they don't have a partner), and to have one handy sheet with information about the applicant's family. 
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:37am
From what I understand, that form is meant for all of your family.
So he would list his family: parents, spouse/common law partner, children, step-children, adopted children, brother, sister, half brother or sister, etc.

So yes, if you are his spouse then he would need to list you there and he would not sign that. To do otherwise would defeat the purpose in my opinion of applying for immigration through spousal sponsorship. If he signed it, he would be lying.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic