Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Renew Immigrant Visa and Passport?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Renew Immigrant Visa and Passport?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:49pm
Hello Everyone!!

I am a landed Immigrant here in Vancouver ( Landed Feb 2007). I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

My Philippine Passport is expiring in May 2011. My Immigrant Visa to come to Canada expired in Feb of 2008. I am going out of the country for a vacation in March 2011 and need a new Passport ( the 6 month validity rule). I was wondering how do I renew my passport? and do I renew my Visa as well? if so, can someone direct me to the steps?

Thanks so much for all your help!
blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:58pm
Contact your country's embassy in Canada for instructions on how to renew your passport.
You don't renew Immigrant visa, since it cannot be used for travel. 
What you need to have is valid PR Card.
Since you landed in 2007, I assume your PR card will be valid until Feb 2012, so you can show your new Passport and PR card when you return back to Canada.
adshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:00pm

Hey Thank you very much Blackpearl. Appreciate your feedback, was just curious about the whole immigrant visa thing.

I had just filed for my citizenship but by golly, it takes about 13-16 months. And I have to go on a vacation in May 2011. LOL

Anyway, thanks again and take care!
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:55pm
I dont know if the Philippines consulate in Vancouver can issue you a passport.
I do know that the Philippines Embassy in Ottawa does issue new passport.
You can contact them here:

Embassy Of The Philippines

philippineembassy.ca
130 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
(613) 233-1121

Philippine Consulate General

www.philcongen-toronto.com
700 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC
(604) 685-7645

I am only guessing that you have a Canadian PR card so you should not require any Candian VISA to return to Canada. Only a valid PR card which yours should be god until 2012.

Edited by rbenoit - 13 Apr 2010 at 1:58pm
adshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 6:26pm
Thank you for your assistance, the website is a great help!!! :)

Yup I am a a PR card holder...:) thanks for clarifying the visa thing, it was just a bit confusing!

Take care
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic