Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to do in this case?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicproca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do in this case?
    Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:31pm
Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this forum! Though I haven't found the solution to my situation yet by going through some old posts, maybe one of you guys have a good idea and can point me into the right direction.

My partner and I would like to settle in BC. We both own and work for our company incorporated in the US but we do not reside in the US. Currently we reside between the UK and France. However, the US being a closed door for most, we looked into Canada. I have relatives in BC (not direct relatives though, so they won't be able to help much with the process I assume) and living in Canada would help a lot to run our business compared to running it from the UK right now. Her being educated to a MBA level, I'm guessing she should be the primary applicant. What options do we have though? We won't work for a Canadian employer as we both work for our own company. Can we open a branch of our US company in BC (fully owned by the US company) and get sponsored through our own company? What kind of investment would be neccessary? We're both fluent in English and she is fluent in French as well. When going through the "come to Canada" wizzard it seems like we're not in any category to qualify. We could go on Work/Holiday but that would only give us two years tops, which we might end up doing, but we're looking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic