Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documents required for a travel visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prd04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documents required for a travel visa
    Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm
Hi,

I'm currently in process of applying for a travel visa to Canada. I'm an international student from Indonesia, currently studying in California. 

In the documents checklist, I'm needed to provide a proof of financial supporter (this one means I need my parents to send their bank statements and also a letter of proof of financially supporting me, right?). My question is what is this letter of proof of financially supporting me? Do they want my parents to write them a letter saying that they do pay for my school and living costs?

Then it also asked me to provide the proof of means of financial support. I don't know what this is. Does it require me to send them a proof of MY bank statements or does it need me to send them my parents' bank statements again?
F.Y.I I do not work currently and depend financially from my parents.

Thanks
1to1 Immigration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1to1 Immigration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:19pm
Hi,

I would suggest the following for proof of means of financial support:

- Birth Certificate to show relationship (i.e Parents). 
- Parent's bank account statements (if amount is not enough to cover school and living costs, provide further documents to support parent's source of income - e.g. Employment Letter, Business, Investment, Rental Properties etc.) 
- Letter from Parents to explain how the amount shown in the documents are sufficient to support your school and living expenses in Canada 

Edited by 1to1 Immigration - 15 Jun 2015 at 9:21pm
prd04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prd04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the reply,

so I upload the letter from my parents saying that they are financially supporting me in the: Proof of Means of Financial Support

Then I upload my parent's bank statement on the: Financial Resource of Supporter

Then I upload my birth certificate on the: Proof of Relationship

Is this correct? Do I need to put my own bank statement? And if I do, which tab should I upload it in?

Thanks
1to1 Immigration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1to1 Immigration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 9:09pm
Yes. I would also include Parent's employment letter in the proof of Means of Financial Support. No, you don't need your own bank statement. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic