Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Common Law Sponsorship Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyclark8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Common Law Sponsorship Questions
    Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 4:18pm
Hi all.  My boyfriend is English and has moved here on a study permit to upgrade and get a better education.  We have lived together between England and Canada for over a year and want to apply for sponsorship so he can work more than 20 hours a week as he is restricted on his study permit.  
I am filing out all the documents that come with and had a few questions. 

1) All the places where it says that both the applicant and the common-law partner have to complete their own form whether they are coming to Canada or not.  If I am the common-law partner and also the sponsor, do I still need to complete my own copy of those forms? (specifically, IMM 5669 and IMM 5406)

2) Does he need to fill out the IMM 5709 to stay in the country as a student or just reapply to extend his study permit as he normally would when its going to expire? 

3)  Do we need to get the 2 main letters for proof of common-law relationship notarized? 

4) Does form IMM 5409 need to be signed in front of a notary? Or can it be anyone that signs it? 

I think that is all my questions for now, I am a bit overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done so any advice or help with those questions would be a great start! 

Thanks!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic