Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did not receive PR card after landing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukumarbalaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did not receive PR card after landing
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:30am
Hi All,

I finished my landing in Canada in Sept 2009. I gave one of my friend's address while landing to receive my PR card.

I came back to USA soon after landing. Now, its already April 2010, the PR card is not yet been posted to my friend's address. In some websites, I saw that this process would take 6 to 8 weeks. I am scared now that I did not receive it (its been almost 6 months now).

Please help what should I do?

Balaji
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:40pm
Give a call to CIC office.
sukumarbalaji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukumarbalaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:05pm
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Do you want me to call CIC in USA or in Canada. They dont entertain the calls outside Canada.

Balaji
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 12:58am
first ask for your FRIEND...TOPI TO NAHI PAHNA RAHA...
Secondly... send the case specific query to CIC through website...
Originally posted by sukumarbalaji sukumarbalaji wrote:

Hi All,

I finished my landing in Canada in Sept 2009. I gave one of my friend's address while landing to receive my PR card.

I came back to USA soon after landing. Now, its already April 2010, the PR card is not yet been posted to my friend's address. In some websites, I saw that this process would take 6 to 8 weeks. I am scared now that I did not receive it (its been almost 6 months now).

Please help what should I do?

Balaji

Edited by imran01 - 10 Apr 2010 at 12:59am
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 1:42am
You can call the CIC call centre from outside Canada, or at least you could do when I wrote this page. The specific menu options may have changed.

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

Edited by matthewc - 10 Apr 2010 at 1:43am
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
asood7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asood7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 12:35pm
Can you share the outcome of your discussion on this forum , for other to benefit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukumarbalaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 4:27pm
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. I contacted the immigration office and they advised me to contact the PR card office.

I did post a letter to 'PR card' office in Nova Scotia, Canada. I did include my immigration papers and passport copy. I am yet to receive a reply from them.

I will keep you updated.

Meanwhile if you have any other options, please let me know.

Balaji

lafoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lafoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 4:41am
How long were you in Canada.. aren't you supposed to show some utility bills under your name and also spend atleast 45 days in Canada? Did you follow these rules and then return back? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukumarbalaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:48pm
Nope. I didn't follow these rules. They didn't tell me anything of this sort.

When I landed in Rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls, Canada, I clearly told the immigration officers that I am going back to US soon after the procedure. They didn't tell me anything about these rules.
lafoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lafoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 1:23am
I think you need to do a little research .. your trip will not be counted till you have at least 45 days stay with proof of utility bills or rent receipt. Please check ..even I am not that sure ..there might be few more protocols to be followed. The immigration officer would have assumed you knew the rules when you said you are going back after the procedure. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic