Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etobicoke Office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jac4123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etobicoke Office
    Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 11:15am
My file was sent to the Etobicoke office on January 11.  I am applying, in Canada, as a family class immigrant as i married a canadian girl. 

I received a work permit, and social insurance number over a month ago.  However, I still have yet to hear from anyone at the Etobicoke office about a potential interview, or the next step i need to take on the path to permanent residency.

It has been almost three months since the file was sent from Vegreville to Etobicoke. 

Have i need to be worried at this point?  How long does it take to get the permanent residence interview?

thanks,

jac
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 11:23am
You said you got the open work permit already. Did you get "decision made" on e-CAS before the file was transferred to local CIC? If so, you have nothing to worry about, as your file is just waiting for them to schedule the landing interview.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
jac4123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jac4123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 11:46am
Here is what my ecas file says as of today:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 10, 2009.

We started processing your application on August 7, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

We transferred your application to the Etobicoke office on January 11, 2010. The Etobicoke office may contact you.

As i said before, i have received my work permit and social insurance number, but not anything else at all from any immigration office.

any idea what is going on?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic