Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two File numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahesh_varad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two File numbers
    Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:02am
nb
Dear fellows,

Has anyone got an idea of what could be the reason of issuing me second immigration file number? I have received a new file number after my first one since I have applied for my PR in June 2006, now in 2009 I get an new file number what can that be? and I can check my status online with both the file numbers amazingly...

Help appreciated
Mahesh
Mahesh N Mehta
Johnday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:13am
Just Ignore the first one

good luck
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:46am
No, problems as long as your case is okay. However, you can contact the CHC through an email to bring your case into their notice.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
Ani- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ani- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:38am
i got a new file number when my case was transferred. Just need to check the dates it says as to when they started processing your case. make sure they both same (impacts on response times)
Ani
zagy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 12:57am

When they transfered my case from australia to UK, they issued me another file Number. I am not sure why?

krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 8:43am
The latest one is your real file number. It is done so because , the the CHC your case has been transferred to needs to make an order of all the cases they have in their repository. So , stick to the new number you have been given as this is your real file number and the case will be finalized here. 
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:42am
As advised by Krisp, just stick to new file no. It is done because you transferred your file to new CHC office. Every office has its own series of file no.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic