Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CARDS AND LETTERS..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an_angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CARDS AND LETTERS..
    Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 6:53pm
Hello everyone, may i ask .. do we need to submit...(Original thing) CARDS(valentines,birthday,christmas,anniversary etc.) AND LETTERS as one proof of  the relationship..... my husband and I were thinking that we should just submit the photocopy of cards and letters instead because all of these has nostalgic value to us. We dont know if the CIC will return it or not after.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.Smile
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 7:09pm
It clearly states in the application guide that you should send photocopies unless directed otherwise, so yes, hold on to them and send in only copies, other wise, you may or not ever see them again.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
an_angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an_angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:58pm
THANKS.
an_angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an_angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:09pm
and can i also submit hotel reservations emails and accommodations receipt to prove that he really stayed here during his visits?THANKS.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:19pm
Yup, just photocopies of those are needed also, everything you think would make good evidence, remember, the list for prrof of the relationship is 'not exhaustive'.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 2:15am
We sacrificed a few originals. We hoped that we would get them back but my scanner/copier was running out of ink and it was time to just get the app posted, so we focused on making copies of the most important items for our records.

We got nothing back. Our only real regret here is that I overlooked copying the support letters we had. Even just copies would have made great momentos, as they were all from close friends and family and all contained some personal details, respectively for each of them, that should have been kept. I really really regret overlooking making copies of those.

Remember: applicants with strong cases do not need to submit everything, just stuff that is sufficiently representative to corroborate the information submitted in the questionnaires, to complete a full picture of the beginning of the relationship, its development and culmination in a committed relationship, and its maintenance.

Edited by dpenabill - 22 Mar 2010 at 2:16am
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
inna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 10:25am
should we send a photo copy in black and white or in colour for greeting cars?
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 11:25am
Black and white should be fine as long as it is readable.
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
inna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 11:51am
thank you
Bambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 3:53pm
For Card(valentines,birthday,christmas,anniversary etc.) My wife was asked for the envelopes the cards came in. The IO officer was adamant about it, he said that  how can my wife prove that she did not buy those cards and fill them up herself. Fortunately for her she kept some of the envelopes and was able to convince the IO officer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic