Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reschedule Oath Date?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reschedule Oath Date?
    Posted: 19 May 2014 at 4:19pm
Hi,

I am writing this on someone's behalf as she has asked me to do so.

Her test was in May @ St. Clair and was told oath would be in 3-4 months which is Aug. or Sept.....she has to travel in early Sep. for 2 weeks (tickets for this were bought in Jan. this year when there was no hope of test/oath), now the questions:
1- Should she alert the call centre about the travel dates as there is no oath date issued yet? or is it too early?
2- Is calling the call centre effective, or do the notes they make on our file have any importance?
It may not be possible to cancel the travel plans as she has to travel from one country to another in this trip so its not just one trip...

From what I know, they used to issue citizenship card which I'm assuming could be used as travel document 9I could be wrong) but now they issue a certificate and one has to wait for the passport.

Any suggestions are welcome.
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:54am
Originally posted by anya anya wrote:

Hi,

I am writing this on someone's behalf as she has asked me to do so.

Her test was in May @ St. Clair and was told oath would be in 3-4 months which is Aug. or Sept.....she has to travel in early Sep. for 2 weeks (tickets for this were bought in Jan. this year when there was no hope of test/oath), now the questions:
1- Should she alert the call centre about the travel dates as there is no oath date issued yet? or is it too early?
2- Is calling the call centre effective, or do the notes they make on our file have any importance?
It may not be possible to cancel the travel plans as she has to travel from one country to another in this trip so its not just one trip...

From what I know, they used to issue citizenship card which I'm assuming could be used as travel document 9I could be wrong) but now they issue a certificate and one has to wait for the passport.

Any suggestions are welcome.

if she is not RQ she will get her oath date within 3.5 -5 weeks from the test date

landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic