Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring Parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring Parents
    Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:29pm
I was pleasantly surprised to see my application to sponsor my parents mailed July 2 2008 is now in process. Thats only 20 months vs 34 months.Smile
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:48pm
34 months is the timeline for a decision at CPC-M. Sorry to disappoint, but "in process" just means they opened the envelope and started the process. Now, if you get a decision made on the sponsorship in less than another year, that would be news.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
ganku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:50pm
Thanks for the quick reply. This really helps cause I was sitting on a bubble.
ganku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 12:34pm
Got a letter from CIC to redo all the forms. They asked to obtain Police clearance for my parents as well and encouraged to pay the right of landing fee(which I did not do). I still don't have the sponsorship cleared. Anyone else in the same boat?

Dates:
Applied --> July 2 2008
Letter requesting new forms --> Nov 25 2011
forms sent --> Jan 5 2012
satin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 1:36pm
Hi ganku,

I got the same letter from CPC mississuaga on 25 Nov 2011 with regards to sponsoring my parents.

My timelines;:

Received by CIC  : May, 2008
Letter requesting new forms :  25 Nov 2011,
Still in process of filling the forms.

I have few questions regarding forms. My parents are unable to recall the exact birth dates of their parents ( my grand parents) and other siblings.  Did you or anyone else in the forum encountered the same situation and what you guys did???

Edited by satin - 16 Jan 2012 at 3:58pm
downsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 11:34am
I am sponsoring my mom but my dad will be included as a non-accompanying dependent since I can not sponsor them both due to income restrictions. On the imm008e, there is a question 11. reason why dependent is non accompanying?  what could be a good answer for that question? or a nice way to say why the dependent is not accompanying
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 10:27pm
Hi

Originally posted by downsouth downsouth wrote:

I am sponsoring my mom but my dad will be included as a non-accompanying dependent since I can not sponsor them both due to income restrictions. On the imm008e, there is a question 11. reason why dependent is non accompanying?  what could be a good answer for that question? or a nice way to say why the dependent is not accompanying

It is going to be hard to explain, as from the proof of income that you submitted the office is going to know that you don't have sufficient income for both. The visa office is going to think that once your mother is "landed" that she will then sponsor her spouse and not have to meet the LICO. IMHO I don't think that it will fly.
PMM
downsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:24pm
Hi PMM, thanks for your reply. what do you mean exactly in the last sentense. I don't understand it. Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:11pm
Hi

Originally posted by downsouth downsouth wrote:

Hi PMM, thanks for your reply. what do you mean exactly in the last sentense. I don't understand it. Thanks

CIC/CHC is not going to believe that your father has no intention to emigrate. They will probably believe, that as you don't meet the LICO, then, once your mother "lands" she will sponsor him. Note, though as shw probably won't have any income and he won't have any marketable skills, then there is a good chance that her application would be refused under Section 39 of the Act.

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic