Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eCas received line disappeared

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eCas received line disappeared
    Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:12pm
Hi

I was checking the application of my wife and kids today and the received line in the summary table disappeared, we have the inProcess line only. Their application was submitted 1 year ago in MTL.

My application that was submitted 3 month ago still has 2 lines in the summary table.

Anyone experienced the same?

ApplicantCitizenship Application Status
[My Name]In Process
[My Name]Received
---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:25pm
Yeah, that's normal occurrence. Any updates on your family application, have they got a test date?
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Yeah, that's normal occurrence. Any updates on your family application, have they got a test date?
Normal occurrence when what? everybody gets it at a certain point or it means it was referred to the local CIC?
No test date yet.. most likely soon 
---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
links18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote links18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 9:53pm
It doesn't mean file was sent to local office. It likely means someone in Sydney starting entering data from your application into GCMS or something to that effect. 
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 12:23am
I do not recall when the received message disappeared for me, just noticed it some time later, and do not know what precipitates it, but this appears to be the norm.

After that I believe all the messages regarding the citizenship application come up under 'in process' . . . at least until decision made or such (someone who has had a decision made message show up in eCas could clarify if it too is under the 'in process' link).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic