Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Organizing your application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Organizing your application
    Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 8:15pm
For people that have organized their application using coloured tabs how did you do it and tie it all together?
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
VThibedeau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VThibedeau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 12:29pm
In this same vein, I would like to ask, too, how people have organized their applications when sending them in. I saw some have done a Table of Contents or Appendicies, but is there anything that ISN'T allowed apart from putting them in a binder or on a CD as mentioned on the CIC website? I would like to make it as easy for the person reviewing my case as possible without inhibiting them or doing something wrong.

For example, do they like things stapled or not stapled? Seems like we could do SOMETHING to make it neat and organized and pretty. Embarrassed

(britincanada - I apologize if this is considered hijacking your post, but I was thinking maybe we could both get some answers here! Handshake )

-VT
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:04pm
Staple nothing, forget plastic covers and such, best thing is to paper clip sections and elasticate them all together.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:12pm
You are allowed to use Bull Dog clips and Paper clips to keep it all together but no staples!!

I am making an overall Index - mostly for myself to keep track of what went in the application, splitting my application into sections

Sponsors forms
Sponsors Documents (ID, Divorce Certificate, Option C Printout etc)
Applicants Forms
Applicants Documents (ID)
Then a separate section for documents proving our relationship for Years 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
A section for our photographs
A section for our Wedding

When answering Question 6 and 9 for the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire I have added in additional Pages (Q9 is 7 pages long with footnotes to tie in documents I am submitting as proof of our relationship.) We are also writing cover letters for each our sections Sponsor and Applicant to explain our individual situation i.e  Employment, previous marriages/ common law - relationship and why they ended  - and added footnotes for these too.

Each section has a colour coded Tab - I hope this answered your question and No I don't consider you hijaking my post Handshake
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VThibedeau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:31pm
Cool beans, britincanada! Smile

When including cards and receipts and such, is it okay to send copies or does it have to be the originals? 

If it has to be the originals, will they be returned (sentimental value)?

-VT
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:33pm
Send copies of everything unless instructed to send origionals such as DMP receipt, crimingal background check, etc. There is no guarentee that anything will be returned, so are, some are not.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:44pm
I Photocopied in colour ALL of my Cards, Receipts, Boarding Passes for flights, the only thing I am sending in Original are the required documents and Photographs as we have them all digitally on a cd anyway. 

With the Photographs I have uses double sided tape (scrapbooking tape) and stuck 2 on each page with a caption underneath for each one with who is in the picture, where it was taken and when - date and event.
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
launched View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 3:28pm
it is a good idea to add the information to the back of each picture and sending them lose. I printed labels with the info and glued it to the picture itself. Just think of the picture coming off the paper and the person looking at it not knowing where it belongs.

stick to paper clips.

I printed out an appendix and separated my application into manilla envelopes so that nothing was lose.

hope my suggestions help. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VThibedeau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 4:48pm
I don't know if you guys can see this, but this is how I am doing mine and just printing them out. I need better pictures for this sheet, but it should still convey the idea.

(I love my Mac when it comes to doing stuff like this.) Smile

-VT
launched View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 4:56pm
looks pretty but dont go too crazy, they specifically ask for no scrapbooks.

I also printed screens from FB to include friends comments on how great we are together, congrats on wedding, etc etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic