Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sponsoring my minor children

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaihen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sponsoring my minor children
    Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:13am
Hi everyone, 
                   Im hoping that someone can help me out. 
I am a Canadian citizen currently based overseas. I have two children, a 3yr old and a 5 month old both born overseas. I am hoping to move my family to Canada permanently by sponsorship. 
Currently, i have the following applications:
FOR THEM:
IMM 0008X2
IMM 5669X2
IMM5406X2
 FOR ME:
IMM 5491
IMM1344X2
IMM 5481
Please note that my husband and the father to my children will not be joining us when we move but will be applying for a super visa instead.
Did I miss any forms?
Thank you all.
Jaihen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaihen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:18am
Sorry, do I need to do a police clearance and a medical as well as my husband and the kids or just the kids?
Thank you again.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 12:28pm
A few comments...

1) Were your children born after you became a Canadian citizen? If so, they are probably citizens themselves and you should be applying for proof of citizenship rather than sponsoring them.

2) Your husband doesn't qualify for a super visa. To qualify, he would need to have adult children who can sponsor him and make sufficient income to meet the low income cut off. The 3 year old and 5 month old do not qualify as sponsors.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Jaihen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaihen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 1:44pm
My children are second generation born overseas.. I was the lucky one so I will have to sponsor them. I see what you said about the super visa, guess we'll have to figure out something else.
Thanx 
Andrew2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 2:14pm

Hi,

Please advise me please on the following situation.
My friend has a child and he also wants to sponsor him from overseas. How long does the child have to wait to become a Citizen after being sponsored? Is it three years, or for young children its much faster?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic