Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inadmissibility based on Misrepresentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digg_it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inadmissibility based on Misrepresentation
    Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 5:52pm
Can anyone suggest me a good immigration lawyer to handle Inadmissibility based on Misrepresentation?

And if anyone faced such situation can you let me know the timelines?
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:45pm

Hi Digg_it,

Can you give more details?  i.e. Where are you located for consultation and what kind of misrepresentation? i.e. identifications, informaiton, etc.  Where are you located right now? Who is going to sponsor you?  Have you submitted a first application, and this is the outcome?

Regards,

WorriedMex
One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:08pm
Giving a bit of a detail info can help us direct you to what  or where you want to do..

Digg_it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digg_it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:27pm
Ok... So i was immigrated in 2007 as dependent child and after six months got married out of Canada And came back. Tried to Sponsor my Husband, we did the application ourselves but because of the Discrepency of my residency records in My Father's Original application(based on which our full family migrated) and My application to sponsor my Husband, They put me in Possibile Inadmissibility Review because of Misrepresentation of information, So i havn't received any letter yet from local office and only got this information from my FOSS Notes.

There was originally no issue and all the data given was correct, But during my Husband's application, Due to some misguidance I have filled some wrong information to possibly expediate the process, I know it is silly what we have done. But now this whole thing is putting my whole family's status on Red Flag.

So I need to get some expert help ;  How can I make sure to inform CIC that we did mistake in My sponsorship application, Their is no  Misrepresentation in my Family's Case. I am no loger worried about my Husband's application but I do not want to spoil my family's life.

Please help me..
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 1:07am
Its hard to guide on what you say, your best bet would be to give the area you are in so someone can guide you in respect of a lawyer, it is no good giving you one in Vancouver if you are in Toronto.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 9:23am
well based on what u have narrated so far, the best bet is to consult an imigration lawyer , this forum has  one or the owners of this forum has one..

it will also depends on which location you are in??

good luck
Digg_it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digg_it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:44am
I am in Toronto....Thanks
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:39am
Then I suggest you try the details bflava gave.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 2:25pm
Digg it, u welcome and consult them asap and if possible lets us know the out come..

good luck
ralph dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralph dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:26pm

Having dealt with a number of these cases - both from the mirespresentation front as well as the section 117(9)(d) angle which is likely to arise in the near future - I can assume what you have done: when sponsoring your husband you probably indicated that you were in a relationship with him for a longer period than you actually were and this coincided with your (and your family's) own immigration process, correct? In other words, CIC now suspects that you were probably involved with him while you were immigrating as a "dependent"?

Yes, your first priority should be preparing a sworn Affidavit where you would explain everything in great detail in order to "exonerate" your family. This affidavit would then have to be accompanied by submissions prepared by a lawyer dealing with innocent vs. intentional mirespresentation, etc.  Mind you, this will not be easy and other "pitfalls" exist and must be taken into account.
This is definitely a sticky situation that should be addressed before CIC starts taking steps to "address" the issue.

Feel free to contact me should you decide to schedule a consultation at my office,

regards,

Ralph Dzegniuk, Barrister & Solicitor (B.A., L.L.B.)
Migration Law Chambers
82 Richmond Street East, Suite 305
Toronto, ON. M5C 1P1
Phone: (416) 548 9072
Fax: (416) 548 9092
www.migrate-2-canada.com
[email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic