Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Application - Proof of relationship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Application - Proof of relationship
    Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm
Hello,

We are inviting my niece, who is 17 to come visit us in Canada for the summer. She is applying for the visa online using the myCIC portal.

One of the things she needs to provide is a 'proof of relationship'. When I click on the [?] for help, I get:

Proof of Relationship 

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
- a marriage certificate
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
- a birth certificate
- an official document naming you as a parent
- a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

This is a canned answer and none apply to my situation (aunt inviting niece). With the online application, you must provide a document for each of the items it deems required, this being one of them. 

Does anyone have experience with the online application and know what she can use as proof she is my niece? The only thing I can think of is her birth certificate, her father's birth certificate, and my wife's birth certificate (to show the common parents).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic